STORD PUBLIC LIBRARY
The work of the library is based on the culture -and value declaration outlined by Stord municipality. The library aims to be user-orientated, creative and competent.
Patrons should find the library to be user friendly. We aim to treat all our users kindly and respectfully, while endearing to fulfil their requests.
We will use our competence and resources as best we can in order to obtain a high level of service.
We aim to:
– have a varied and comprehensive media assortment corresponding to our budget liminations
– purchase any media sought by users and improving our services with your suggestions
Our library services include that our users may: – borrow media free of charge
– request additional media from other libraries
– receive help in their search for different kinds of information
You may borrow:
-E-books: Download the app: eBokbib and download books whereever you are on your Smartphone/tablet.
– Audio books
–Filmbib: You kan download movies from the internet at home.
– Language courses
– Read magazines/newspaper online for free. Just download the app: PressReader. If you go to the library you can download free access to all the magazines/newspaper in the app for 72 hours (3 days).
In the library you may use:
– PCs for internet and word processing
– Reference books – Newspapers and periodicals
– Reading room and meeting room for small groups
– Storytelling readings can be arranged for children
– Special collections of maritime and local chronicles
The library want to be a place for meetings and public debates. Cheque Facebook to see if there is an event for you to attend.
We also want to be a place where you can relax and read.
Leirvik 17.april 2016